Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Gothic Garden art by Bernice (Hodges) Wagnitz

That second back surgery and thyroid cancer really kicked my butt. I just don't seem to have the energy to even think of doing any art. Just opening my etsy shop seems like such a chore. Another part of me not doing my art is that I have my studio in my basement. My home was built in 1920 and at least twice a year I will get the drains backing up. I'm used to it but it leaves the basement so humid I get a rainbow of molds growing on the walls near the floor. I used to spray and scrub with bleach then I read to just use hot soapy water. It goes away but comes back. I can't afford to be running my electric bill up to run a dehumidifier.
I have COPD ( Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease ) and the mold makes me cough and I'm sure it isn't good to breath. So I use my laptop upstairs when all my art supplies are, yeah, in the basement.
I tried all the drying out chemicals, should have bought stock in the company. I would need the industrial size and it's only good for a month.
Anyone out there have any suggestions that don't cost tons of money. Yeah I'd love to have a studio with big windows, lots of sunshine, warm in the winter and dry all year round.

I do have an "Artist" page on Facebook, it's The Gothic Garden art by Bernice ( Hodges) Wagnitz. I'd love your thoughts on my art and if you like what you see than please "Like" it.

I've done quite a bit of new art since I last posted so I best get busy and get them in here.

More to come.......
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Gothic-Garden-art-by-Bernice-Hodges-Wagnitz/120444404698305

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sweet Girl!
    I'm so glad to be connecting with you again... I really missed you and your heartfelt messages. It looks like you've found a way to keep being creative without having to hang out in the basement.

    My solution? Move to California and hang out by the beach and make art with me! ;)

    xoxo
    jul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if that were possibe Jul, I would love nothing better.
    I've been in and out of the hospital so often I call it my second home.
    You just keep doing your beautiful art and I will keep my spirits high just looking at them.
    Hugs
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  3. maggie.danhakl@healthline.comJuly 7, 2014 at 5:27 AM

    Hi,

    Healthline just launched a campaign for called "You Are Not Your COPD" where COPD patients share their story or advice about living with the disease. You can see the homepage for the campaign here: http://www.healthline.com/health/copd/inspirational-stories

    We have partnered with the COPD Foundation to promote the campaign and have pledged that for every submitted story, Healthline will donate $10 to the COPD Foundation.

    I am writing to ask if you can help spread the word about this campaign by including it as a resource on your page: http://myplacetodreambernie.blogspot.com/2011/04/gothic-garden-art-by-bernice-hodges.html

    The more stories we receive the more Healthline will donate to COPD research, support, and treatment programs. Would you please consider including this on your site or sharing with your followers?

    I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

    Thank you,
    Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
    p: 415-281-3124 f: 415-281-3199

    Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
    660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
    www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

    About Us: corp.healthline.com

    ReplyDelete